Thursday, June 19, 2008

so i put the call to my boyfriend's mum the other day. not bad really. it was a two minute ish call, exchange of plesantries, a little chat about how we were spending our holiday bla bla bla and it was over. the shocker however, was that she called me the following day "just to say hello". that feels like a good sign but i'm not gonna view it as acceptance or whatever, she might have just been civil, returning a call.

i really should point out that i'm not craving for acceptance from her but it's just nice to know she is in my corner. i've got African roots and families are our thing, large families, extended families. so it is quite impossible to be in a relationship and not be immersed into the family. hence, it is important to be accepted and if you are lucky, approved.

my mum and my boyfriend...love at first sight. they get along perfectly and i'll like to credit my mum for that. she is extremely warm, accomodating and realistic. realistic in the sense that she realises that my happiness is priority, so as long as i'm happy, she's alright with whatever choices i make. that said, if i start a new relationship today, the new boyfriend would enjoy the same warmth and accomodation.

long story cut short, i'm building a relationship with my boyfriend's mum. yay!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

its cool that ur doin this o...nice one!

alla the best babe!

wait o..why am i gushing when I read ur posts...hmmn..ur blog is bad for ma health!

miss jones said...

why do i feel patronised? just kidding. thanks alot.

Buttercup said...

Lol mehn, if it were me, i wud have taken that call as a good sign!

Good for u!

Anonymous said...

patronise ko...but in retrospect sha I think that my comment sounded groupyish....but seriously ur blog always softens ma me up mehn...the begininng part sha...

miss jones said...

@ buttercup...it was a good sign, we're tight now. she even has a nickname for me now.
@ chari...lol,it's ok to be my groupie, i don't mind one.

Anonymous said...

*thinking to self*

I can be a groupie sha....tiz not like ma fans will know now abi?

*Gasps*

oh-mi-gawd! Is that miss jones??!

*screams* eeekkkkk!!!!

miss jones said...

chari, u r a clown!