Saturday, January 24, 2009

me and mrs jones

I know it’s only when I have problems that I blog…shame on me…but I can trust blogville to make me feel better.
From the topic, u can guess the P. it’s me and Mrs. Jones. We were building a relationship or so I thought but I’ve noticed that nowadays, she’s just plainly civil to me. She just says hello, asks about my parents and every once in a while she throws in an extra line. I tried to talk to MJ about it and he didn’t want to say too much (and I def didn’t want to put him on d spot, u know how boys can be about their moms) but I gather that it had to do with the bad patch I had with her son sometime late last year (the time when the relationship was topsy-turvy). She thought I was taking advantage of her son, but now that we are past that, she still has this thing going on.
BTW did I remember to mention that she suggested that he break up the relationship at the time when we had loads of drama?
Way forward: I asked MJ and he said I should build a relationship with her. HOW? She doesn’t have an accommodating mien for me so how am I supposed to go about it. I call her randomly but not for too long, like a minute-ish convo. When I’m over at hers, I pop into the kitchen to help but she still doesn’t say much; otherwise, she’s in her room and I usually have to make MJ get her so I can say hello and goodbye. It’s tough and I’m so envious of MJ’s relationship with my mum. I’d be just fine if I had a tenth of that relationship with his mum.
I hope it doesn’t get to the point where MJ will get tired of “having to defend me” (-his words) every time they have a chat about me. Help!!!!!!

8 comments:

aloted said...

hmm, welcome back and happy new year..

men i can imagine how akward things are with mrs jones...

hmm u might have to ask her one day politely of cuz if there is anyhing you did to offend her...that way u get it out in the open...

ull need liver for this sha.

or ask your mum for advice..

LovePaprika said...

1st of all i want to spank you for 'using' us! secondly, you are dating MJ n not his mother... Its good that your relationship is smooth now compared to how it was. It is true that no mother wants to see her son sad... let her know you have his best interest. even if you have to do something you would not normally do for him! keep talking to her...don't give up... ask her random questions about him.. tell her nice things... good luck :)

Anonymous said...

i look forward to reading your blog, and its ok to 'use' blogville, what better way!
Personally, i dont think you should approach his mother with the matter (at least she is being cordial and not ignoring you). I think it is more important to work on your relationship with your bf, make sure it works and you are both happy. If your bf is happy, his mom will be happy and in turn more friendly with you

Abujamaiden said...

Welcome back...I guess its Merry Christmas, then Happy New Year.

Focus your energy on MJ, whom you're dating, and do your best with his Mum. Chances are she likes you in secret and has a personality that doesn't allow you to be closer.

Married/ Advanced daters can give better advice. I'm just a novice.

Buttercup said...

i think its up to MJ to make it right..he knows how to talk to his mother..she shud listen to him!

happy new year babe..

Buttercup said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
miss jones said...

aloted, miss love, dee, abujamaiden, buttercup...thanks alot guys. i really dont know where to start applying your advice. i don't want to look like i'm sucking up but i don't have much of a choice do i?

Vera Ezimora said...

Coulda sworn I left a comment here earlier. Anyway, take heart girl. Maybe it isn't mean to be...I dunno.

But what did he say was his reason 4 the break up?